Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Quick Trip

We just came back from a quick, 24 hour round trip to Houston.  We went with the intentions of looking at this 5 acre piece of land Paul's parents had been calling about for the last 5 days.


We saw the property, and the house that is there.  The work would be endless, the sweat equity tireless, and depending upon who you ask, the house is 'liveable'.  I thought I'd post a few pictures.  I feel strongly compelled to let you know that I am a city girl.  Since having 6 children, 4 of which are wooly, frontier conquering boys (with the exception of 1 bookworm boy), my heart now longs to live on a piece of land.  To have a garden to feed our family from, farm animals, nature all around us and room to run and explore on.  


We only desire to be where God wants us, and at His right time.  I don't know where we'll live in Houston.  I don't know if this particular property is in our future.



























As of this moment concerning the house we've discussed the possibilities of living in tents (totally joking), tearing down the house, pouring a slab and building.


Paul outlying the endless possibilities...


...the face of a boy that doesn't quite see potential

In this midst of the task of packing up, selling our house in 8 days, I keep meditating on Psalm 46:10, Be still and know that I am God.  Followed by Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

7 comments:

  1. I love that you put livable in quotes. It does seem to have a lot of potential!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, the land looks really nice. Five acres sure would be dreamy. The house.... Ummm... did I mention that the land looks really great?

    Praying for peace and a spirit that rests while you have a body that works tirelessly to pack.

    hugs,
    GfG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Is it a mobile home? Wow. Wow. Did I say that already? Sorry.

    The outbuildings look a little like tetanus waiting to happen....and that's my good comment.

    You have such a big job ahead just with moving. I will pray that you be able to focus on that and let the Lord show you where to live. he knows better than any of us what is right for your family.

    I love you! I'm praying for you. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. tetanus: an often fatal bacterial disease marked by muscular spasms and rigidity.
    .....hum? may have to pass on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for the Lord to guide you, give you peace of mind and spirit, and for you to have the strength for the packing up....the acreage would be awesome! I did say the land would be great right?? The house well....um tetanus sounds about right! ;) Hugs, :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I'm loving the lime green cabinets. They give the house such character! :D Prayers for the Lord's guidance. Can't wait for you to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just now reading about your move to Houston. Think about you often and keep praying for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!