Friday, December 11, 2009

New York = Lots of Birthday FUN!

New York was a lot of fun. Manhattan was packed with Christmas tourists from all around the country, a multitude of various accents could be heard everywhere. The streets were constantly packed with fast paced walkers and city goers. However, I never encountered any rude people, but I did hear a certain four letter word repeatedly in passing casual conversations ~ yikes!


On Thursday (my birthday) Paula worked, and I rode an open-topped, double decker tour bus for hours. I saw the entire city, Uptown, Downtown, Soho, Tribeca, Harlem, Little Italy, Chinatown, Central Park, Museum District, Carnegie Hall, The Empire State Building, The Chrysler Building, Wall Street, The Fashion District, Times Square, Chelsea, Greenwich Village, East Village, Gramercy Park, Broadway, Grant's Tomb, World Trade Center Memorial, Trump Tower, Trump Hotel, Strawberry Fields, John Lennon's apt., Pres. JFK's apt., Rockefeller Center (beautiful Christmas tree), Radio City Music Hall, Kennedy Center, The Met, FAO Schwarz, Macy's Dept. Store, Mac store, 5th Avenue stores, Penn Station, Grand Central Station, Madison Square Garden, NYU, Columbia University, Bellevue Hospital (known for their asylum in the 60's ?), Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Williamsburg Bridges', The Flatiron Bldg., and sooo many others that I just can't remember. WOW! Lots of places. I got alot covered in just 1 day!









1 comment:

I enjoy reading your comments!