Saturday, December 12, 2009

New York ~ Day 3

Saturday, was cold and wet, the entire day. I didn't mind tho, after all, I was in a beautifully, Christmas decorated New York, it's supposed to be cold, and at 4 o'clock the snow flurries came. You had to squint through the rain to see it, but they were falling. Ahhh, good times!
I took about a gazillon pics of us like this in various places

Today we had breakfast in a quaint eatery, while watching 3 skiddish, street vendors, peddling their knock off designer purses. They were constantly looking over their shoulders and at each other. They worked that area for about 8 minutes, then they tied up their sheet filled with handbags and dollied off in 3 different directions. 
Love those hair colors!

Had to wait several minutes in line to get this picture

A small memorial near the site of the World Trade Ctr

Construction site of the Memorial

This was the 3rd time I saw this panda around town

Had never seen a Bumper Badger before 
~ and they need it in this city!



We took The Holland Tunnel Subway across into Hoboken, New Jersey to meet The Cake Boss (TLChannel). That was exciting! I brought Paul and the kids some cookies home the following day.



Finally, we made it into the tiny, over packed bakery!

Yep, me and the Cake Boss. I love you so much, I even 
showed you my triple chin in this pic!




Back in Manhattan we walked the remainder of the day in a vast sea of umbrellas and ancy taxi's.
We stood in a double wrapped line for 15 min.(long time in the cold)
to get into this store ~ but it was worth it..right Paula?!

Play Mobile

The Big Piano ~ Fun, man i miss my kids!

At the American Girl Store

And for an outrageous price, a long line, you could get 
your dollie a new do. : )

S N O W!!!



4 comments:

  1. New York looks like it was a blast!! I'm so very glad you got to go. What a wonderful 40th treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to go there someday....LOVE the Cake Boss, he rocks!!!
    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. HO-BO-KEN was awesome!!! Oh yeah, the rest was groovy, too! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss these posts?! I was just wishing to see your NY pictures and there they were. Yeah! It looks so great and brings back memories of my trip that I now realize was 6 years ago. I think it's time to go back. Back then Buddy the Cake Boss owas an unknown and you get to have your picture with him. I love him! Oh well, I got my picture with Al Roker. LOL! Thanks for the pictures....I loved them!!! Lisa~ www.livingmybestlifeii-lisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!