Sunday, November 29, 2009

Another use for WINDEX...

...getting a STUCK ring off a very swollen 'fanger'.

(the one thumb painted red was to see if I liked the color
..never painted the rest)
After lots of soapy water, oil, ice water, fluid pill, ibuprofen, getting a price from a jeweler to cut it off AND being told by hubby that he was buying a blade for his drill to "try" to get it off, I tried one more thing. Windex.


I am so thankful for Christine (SIL) and all her help.  She did a search to find out other things we could try and there it was ~ Windex.  After soaking in ice water, raising my hand above my heart, repeat (about 4 times) it was time for the wonder Windex. I can only tell you that it HURT, and as I twisted it up to my knuckle, my brain knew that this would work, but I had to keep the tight grip on the ring and PULL until it made it over that swollen flesh and past the knuckle. Christine stood beside me encouraging me with her silence, seeing that it was painful, wanting to stop, knowing that I had to keep going, dropped her head into my shoulder to help me 'push past the pain'!


You have NO IDEA how thankful I am that this worked. Seriously. He was going to use a lil high speed rotating blade attached to his drill to TRY and get it off.

2 comments:

  1. You're blogging again! I am so glad. I love seeing where you're living. But what happened to your finger to make it swell?! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....who would of thought Windex huh?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!