Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Lil Sewing Project

My mother is an excellent seamstress and she has made some beautiful things for myself & her grandchildren throughout the years.


My mom tried teaching me to sew when I was a teenager, but I was not interested.  Turns out a perfectionist sewer and a teenager in a hurry, don't work well together (go figure).  When I was in 7th grade I took a half semester of sewing, and the 2nd semester was spent learning cooking (that is another post all together tho).  I made a pillow out of 8 squares, I made a pair of elastic pull on pants and a groovy white jumper


Having a 10yr old daughter has been an incredible joy for me, and now this daughter wants to learn to sew, because she thinks it's way cool.  Her Honey (my mom) has spent many patient hours with Cadie teaching her sewing basics, and they've enjoyed sweet fellowship and made several lil things.


Yesterday Megan came over after school to teach Cadie something she had just learned in her sewing class.  It was a super easy project, just 3 pieces of material to stitch together, so the girls finished it pretty quickly.





Cadie and her new "bone pillow"

6 comments:

  1. It's wonderful! Tell her Mrs. P is so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Life, Cadie will be thrilled to hear that. She looks up to your girls so much. Wish they had opportunities to see each other more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! My girls are begging me to teach them to sew. I am pretty sure we're getting them a sewing machine of their own for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute. My Katie and her BF sew together a lot, they might have to try this one too.
    Hugs, :) Heather

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!