Saturday, September 5, 2009

Can You Guess What Happened?

A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case just two.....




OH NOOOOOO!

The night before, we were heading to bed, Paul looked at the cake, covered in it's pretty hand painted dome lid, and had a thought.  "What if Becca were to climb out of her bed in the middle of the night knowing that the cake was sitting in the dark kitchen all alone and help herself to it?  I will hide it in the oven where she will not think to look for it." Let me answer that question for you, no, she has not been known to be a middle of the night kitchen roamer. 

Not even I thought to check the oven for a pink birthday cake as I turned it on to start cooking dinner.  What IS that smell?  It's familiar, kinda sweet, but wait, that smells like a plastic spoon that has melted on the bottom of the dishwasher.  I thought the dishwasher was already emptied.  It has been.  Did someone light a candle and blow it out?  And if you did you're in trouble because you know you never do that.




Alas, I discovered the smoke filled oven and ran the melting mess outside.  No more birthday cake, and no more pretty cake cover.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww....funny the things we think we will get two steps ahead of them on huh?
    Hope you find a pretty one to replace it!
    Hugs, :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stared and stared at that photo trying to figure out what is was. Couldn't do it.

    What a mess. I'm so glad it catch on fire, though.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!